Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I worked on Wall street and was vested after five years. I…

Customer Question
I worked on Wall...

I worked on Wall street and was vested after five years. I worked there for 7 years. I never received my pension at 65. I am now 71 years of age. Has the statute of limitations run out for me to get my money?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York, N.Y.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I believe that NY is an at will state and I was a full time employee.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am retired and now live in Florida. Each time I called the company they told me that they had no record of me working there. I do have records from Social security that says I worked there for 7 years.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. There is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.
Have you contacted the plan administrator to see if they have a record of your participation and to make application for benefits?
(I realize you you may have called the ex employer. The plan adminsistrator is different.)