Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Does an independent contractor have to work for more than…

Customer Question
Does an independent contractor...

Does an independent contractor have to work for more than one company by law?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will, I am a massage therapist for a hospice company, they are my only contracted job at this time,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I don't think do

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

No. There is no requirement that an Independent Contractor work for more than one company or a person at a time.

Independent Contractor status has more to do with the type of work and the amount of control which the "employer" exerts over them and their job than it does the number of people they work for.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.