Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am currently on felony probation and when I went to see my

Customer Question
probation officer 2 weeks ago...
I am currently on felony probation and when I went to see my probation officer 2 weeks ago at 3:30 pm on a Tuesday evening, he gave me a drug test and said I failed it, but knowing that I was definetely clean, I argued that the test was bad and repeatedly asked to take another test volunteering each time to pay for it my self but was denied another test and my specimen was thrown in the trash and I was given ten days in jail to be served on weekends. I was released at 6 am the next morning on Wednesday and I drove straight to the main probation office and was sitting there at 8am when they opened the doors. I asked to talk to a supervisor and explained the situation and requested another test which he gave me and watched me the whole time and I passed the test but they just said that I must have just need those few hours to be able to pass that test. I know I was clean for both test but I don't no of any way to prove it and I am still serving my weekends in jail for nothing. Is there anything that I can legally do about this? Shouldn't the first test been sent to a testing lab for a confirmed result?
JA: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: As far as I know, no charges have been filed, but every weekend I have served so far, I was booked in each time and my name was printed in the local news paper each week I served the weekend of, in the paper it says my name and arrested for probation violation. I haven't been to court at all for this.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Michael Bradley

what are you on probation for?

Possession of cds.
Employment Lawyer: attyadvisor, Attorney replied 3 months ago
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney

The Attorney that you were working with opted out. I have no idea why they did not advise you that they were leaving your question. It will be my pleasure to assist.

Yes, I completely understand the negative consequences of false positives and having your name in the news. You need a civil rights Attorney at this point and you may wish to file an action against the probation department.

Which Parish did this occur in? I will also provide a link for the Department of Justice so you can file a complaint. These situations are an abuse of power and life altering for the person being played by the system.

CDS https://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=98877

Are you online with me?

I am on probation in Catahoula parish, Louisiana but the main probation office that is over the Catahoula parish's probation officer is in Alexandria, Louisiana which is Rapides parish

The first step is to contact the Department of Justice since I sincerely ***** ***** State will be helpful. In fact I don't see the State following through. https://www.justice.gov/crt/contact-office

I am not sure if you are aware of this, but Louisiana is under intense scrutiny over these types of matters. Did you contact the Department of Corrections as well as the Attorney General?

Department of Correction/Probation complaint http://doc.louisiana.gov/headquarters

"Louisiana Bureau of Investigation
Provides follow-up investigation services for Criminal Division; responds to requests for investigative assistance from any government agency; and provides investigative services in white collar crime and public corruption.
Director: Joe Picone" https://www.ag.state.la.us/Divisions

Aside from filing a complaint with the Federal Government for civil rights violations and an investigation, let me provide a link for an Attorney in the area where you are located. One moment please.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

attyadvisor
attyadvisor
attyadvisor, Attorney