Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I work salary at a nursing home. began June since then been

Customer Question

I work salary at a nursing home. began June since then been working 12 hrs a day, many days without lunch, only smokers get breaks. Expected to take work computer home with me in evenings to work, Recently on my day off Sunday was text by supervisor to work and turn in work at her house by 5pm. Was told that if I work 15 hrs a week, 7 days a week, I may catch up. weighed 174 when started now 157.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My health is failing
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.
On review of your facts, you have a good case.I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like info
Employer is violating the fair labor standards act, state law and common law contractIf you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.Often employment counsel can leverage the above and negotiate quick settlement.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Employer should reimburse the legal fees!Good luck!!Kindly rate me five stars.Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.