Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been working for a temp agency for 5 months and a few…

Customer Question
I have been working...

I have been working for a temp agency for 5 months and a few weeks ago I lost my purse. I asked my hiring rep if I could change my direct deposit because I lost my card and I was no longer at the address on file to get a new pay card, I asked her because I was going to wait until after that weeks paycheck if it was going to be a problem, she advised me it would not be a problem and to send her my info, she would forward it right away so that my direct deposit can go through. I was supposed to be moving that Friday coming so I switched my schedule from mornings to evenings that Friday so that I could go to the apartment complex and move, well my check did not come direct deposit that Friday I called HR on Tuesday and they confirmed my check would be direct deposited for that week I called back on Friday and they advised me that a live paper check was sent to my old address. Also HR told me the check was sent from Michigan on Thursday in which I was wondering how they expected me to get it in Arizona by Friday. I also asked my rep and HR what could be done they advised me that I could have a stop payment issued if I did not receive the check by Wednesday and I would have a check on the next day. I Called on Tuesday and they advised me they only do stop Payments on Thursday in which I would get the money to me on Friday. On Wednesday since I had not received a check in the mail I called HR and requested that they send me a check overnighted to my branch is there a way I can be called because the story is long in essence I think I'll be loosing my job because of what has transpired in the last 3 weeks regarding my paycheck and the time I've had to take off.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?

Manager and Hr

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Full time, at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I'll explain in more detail once I'm connected

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
7/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Can also report to the labor department.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.