Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am suspended from work, because the company is accusing me…

Customer Question
I am suspended from...

I am suspended from work, because the company is accusing me for stealing money, but the time the money was stolen I was home in maternity leave and did not have access to company property, because u got married in that time, but when the money got missing, 2 manager and a staff names was involved in the proof that they took the money and the transactions was made, under their names, so I feel they have me come back to work to set me up or try to frame me, because i use ti work to that place the money got missing, because when I came back they moved me to new houses to work.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has the employer pressed charges?

No, they just suspended me verbally and say I cannot work with the company/clients until further notice but don't know for how long

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have proof receipts bank statement of all transactions and expenses related to my wedding, because they accused me for paying my wedding with the money that i never had access to before and during maternity leave, they also harassed my husband in regards ***** ***** issue,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately, in terms of protecting your current job, there isn't really much you can do other than provide evidence and hope they make the right decision. The reality is that if they end of firing you for this, you cannot do anything about trying to get your job back because in the U.S., an employer can fire you for no reason at all or even the wrong reason and there are no repercussions for that.

Now if this ends up affecting future positions or the company telling others that you committed this theft, it is at this point that you would be able to bring a legal action because this would be considered defamation. There is clear evidence that you were not responsible and any statement to the otherwise would be reckless statement of a lie that is harmful to your reputation. You could sue for damages as a result of these statements.

i have to wait on their decision before I can sue them

Hello again, I saw that you opted me out of this question earlier. I just wanted to make sure that you are comfortable with me continuing to answer your question.

I did reply

That is correct that you will have to wait before you can begin suing anyone. At this point, they are just trying to figure out what has happened; you can only present your side to your superiors and hope they make the right decision at this time.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer