Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am hotel general manager who made a complaint to HR

Customer Question
I am hotel general...

I am hotel general manager who made a complaint to HR regarding the harrasinging treatment I received from my immediate supervisor. She stated that the president of the company would contact me, he did not. Approximately two weeks later I received an e-mail thT in a routine meeting the subject was addressed and the expectations were different at each hotel. Less than a week later I have been suspended, and expect to be terminated after an internal investigation, and have not been given any reason. I believe this to be retaliation for my complaint regarding my supervisor. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?

No, the supervisor suspended me

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Montana is not an at will state, I am not in a union, I am salary, full time, 70 hours plus

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been there 2 plus years, and the call was set up,to be an interview for a different hotel in the company and I was ambushed with this suspendsion

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/29/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
I would like to know what options are available to me. Thank you so very much.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer locally can negotiate. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.
Infolawyer, Lawyer