Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Went to the HR investigation meeting...then was told to come

Customer Question
Hi John So went to...
Hi John So went to the HR investigation meeting...then was told to come in again the next day and told it was inconclusive in reference to the issue of whether I pushed her out of my office. They would not issue formal discipline but would put a supervisory note in my file...the note began in a way that implied they bought the whole story of the coworker ,,that is..It said I agreed to have created a hostile environment for this coworkerI said ahh stop there..That is not true. The head of HR said..well there are the 3 times you brought her to tears... I said 1. I have no knowledge of that 2. This was not raised or discussed in the investigation 3. She always came to me for help with things so hearing this is quite a surprise...and most importantly 4. That as my Supervisor and other workers can attest since the meeting where she felt offended I have been friendly and professional, while she has been hostile and intrusive at times i sight of others.The HR guy was in a rush and said they would change the language to correspond to the notes..but then tried to say I created hostile environment from the original meeting et.I am furious at the cost to my health (emotional ) and financial cost going into Springfield
and now having to wait because the supervisory note has now not been presented
I have made clear ALL I will sign or agree to is escalated further an already escalated and manic colleague
My supervisor cancelled supervision and would not meet with me and only sent my complaint to is boss who called my insistence insubordination and warned I should not talk to co workers during working hours (we always talk during breaks we are therapists but the only conversation I had was well after work)I feek the HR guy brining in the alleged times I brought her to tears shows extreme bias
1. because it was not part of the investigation
2. She ccould just be a crybaby or ultra sensitive
3. It may not have even happened
But just as I was suspended despite my telling my supervisor my concerns about her invasion into my space when I was trying to meet with a client....
the deck seems oddly stacked
I do not want any record nor to participate in any mediation
The truth is the iniotia meeting was not that big a deal
and only escalated because I tried to help her feel ok enough to let the darn meeting move on....while mr supervisor did nothing as usualThe agency has a grievance proceedure...but heck the head of HR was the biggest problem
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 day by:
7/30/2017
Employment Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 3 months ago
John, Employment Lawyer

I don't believe I can be of more assistance to you in this matter, and that you probably need local counsel to assist you with adminstrative or judical (file lawsuit against employer) claims. I am going to opt out of this matter as such and perhaps another expert will assist you.

John, Employment Lawyer