Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was handed the Letter of Reprimand, Oregon, Salem. Subject…

Customer Question
I was handed the...

I was handed the Letter of Reprimand

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oregon, Salem. Subject Just Cause, The Manager is a new person. I was on FMLA for 12 weeks, returned, the first half hour I received the letter from her. Immediately after it she gave me a good annual job performance.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union, full time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am RN in a mental hospital, only in that hospital the agency OAAPI exists. It pretty much "terroririzes" the staff, investigating every little thing. I was under investigation before going on FMLA, was "cleared". She never talked to me about the occasion like nurse to nurse even once, I consider it immoral. I never was disciplined. In the letter she went back 3 years (she didn't even work then), it made look almost inept. English is my second language, she mentioned that I have "difficulties communicating with staff and peers". I never had them, my team respects me. I am overwhelmed with her attitude.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/28/2017
Employment Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that you believe that you were retaliated against for having taken FMLA leave?

2. Are you saying that you believe that you are being discriminated against based on your national origin?

Doug

Tina, Lawyer