How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1067
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The company I work for was bought out by another and as a

Customer Question

The company I work for was bought out by another and as a result I have noticed a pay cut. How can I determine the tax rate. they claim their tax rates are different.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: illinois
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: don't know
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I have any rights to find out what my wage should be
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
you can contact the employer and ask for a breakdown with regards ***** ***** pay. Theoretically it could change if they were taking out different state taxes or local taxes but you would receive credit for them at tax time. I would absolutely contact payroll and ask them for a detailed breakdown on your income