Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I got a notice that someone was trying to serve me. How do I

Customer Question

I got a notice that someone was trying to serve me. How do I find out what's going on?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was a lawsuit filed against me right before I got married and moved to S. Korea. It was from a former employer who wanted to silence me about his employment
JA: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: I was in the process of moving and didn't know there was a hearing. I believe there was a two year judgement passed that I wasn't to talk about him.
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?
Customer: It was full time and Florida is a right to work state. I resigned, then he said he fired me...I didn't care as I just didn't want to be employed by him anymore. He was very paranoid I would talk about my employment.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

What county was that lawsuit in, and, what is your full name or that of the employer that sued you?