Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

They are doing a full investigation here at work to verify

Customer Question

They are doing a full investigation here at work to verify her claim. If they do decide that there is a a case against me, what can I expect next?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

If they haven't interviewed you they will, they could also have a second interview.Don't admit to anything here.Try to keep your story consistent.Short answers yes/no don't ramble on or get talky here.Sometimes when you get nervous you tend to talk to much .Take your time try to think over the question, formulate the answer, slow it way down.Think slow as molaaaaassses here.It works the best for you to proceed slowly here.

I appreciate the chance to help you again.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had a couple of interviews. Things look grim. No proof of anything, however, we did meet outside work. Even "dated". Accusations of sexual misconduct are being investigated. What do I have to worry about next?
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

The less you say the better, the more consistent you are the better.Start looking for a new employer here and job now while you are on the payroll, keep your options open in that regard.Get your resume together, apply for some jobs now.

Thanks for the follow up.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I wait it out? Or just go get another job now?
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

I would start looking now here , it may take you awhile, keep options open here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess what I'm asking is should I quit now or make them fire me? Also, Is this going to go to some kind of Trial? What can I expect to happen next?
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

No trial they will just terminate you.I wouldn't quit yet, you have a check here apply for jobs while you wait.Using your time this might end up going away.Long term I think you need a new job away from this place.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.