Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was hired on 3/13/17 as a financial controller for one

Customer Question

Hello. I was hired on 3/13/17 as a financial controller for one company. When I started work. I was actually the controller for 4 separate legal entities. The employment contract only referred to the one main company. Sad to say - I was terminated on July 19. With no verbal warning. No written warning. Nothing....
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CALIFORNIA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I started filing for State Unemployment insurance
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that the original employment contract referred to only one company. I never knew there were 3 other separate companies...which took my time away from the main....
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. I am very sorry to hear that you were let go. Can you clarify what your specific question i regarding this matter? Are you asking whether it was legal for your employer to have you working for multiple companies? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.