Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have a quick question, I was let go from my department and

Customer Question
I have a quick question...
I have a quick question, I was let go from my department and then April 2017 was terminated for failure to return but I was let go in Sept/.Oct 2016 so I was unable to return because wasn't sure where to report since my department let me go and sent my desk item back to me in February 2017..Starting in Feb I went on fmla then short term due to my illness and know I filling for SSN and it an take up to 2 years. I think I wsa
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: yes but she kept posting my employment since I was waiting on Long term disability from Prudential and it was declined?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that I was let go in april 2017 and she sent me a letter my phone broke so it was hard to see number and/or know when someone was calling.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/24/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Tina, Lawyer