Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My son has just been diagnosed with cancer last week. I

Customer Question

My son has just been diagnosed with cancer last week. I verbally notified my employer. I had a meeting with my manager and HR and the head of HR told me I should consider moving on if I can't handle the stress of the job.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: State of Missouri, Corporation headquarters in Kentucky. Is there a lawyer in St Louis County I can contact?
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Missouri is an at will state
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am very sorry to hear about your son's diagnosis. Did you have a specific question I can assist you with? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am afraid that I will be fired and need a job to pay for my son's medical bills. What are my rights under FMLA
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this a racket?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am stopping payment on my credit card. I am disappointed.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you ask if this is a racket. Are you referring to the website?

I'm not sure what happened, but I will go ahead and refer you to customer service. I apologize if there was any confusion.