Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Question about Non Compete agreement which I signed in 2015

Customer Question
with a company and was...
Question about Non Compete agreement which I signed in 2015 with a company and was terminated in 2017 due to new management restructuring the sales force. The question is can I take another sales position with a direct competitor working in the same capacity in the state of Texas, the Non Compete agreement states there is a 1 year period which I can't ? However the fact the company terminated my employment without notice does that change anything
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The employer is headquartered in Pittsburgh and my job and live in Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/23/2017
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help. I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

Be aware, however, this is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. While I am happy to speak to you, if you wish, I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money. Some people just prefer the speed of a phone call and that the information not be posted on the public forum.

Did your employer breach a written employment contract you had with them?

Tina, Lawyer