How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 42862
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ray, My question is if my employer can Sue me? I was no

Customer Question

Hi Ray,
My question is if my employer can Sue me? I was no longer a contracted as 1099 but as W2 Employee.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Then I see no legal basis for them to sue an employee.A W-2 employee is employed at will not contract, their only remedy is to terminate you or you have right to quit but thats all so lawsuit.I don't see them being able to sue and prevail here at all.It is not normal for them to try to do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you and thanks for rating 5 stars.