Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I believe that the "at will" employment law is an advantage…

Customer Question
I believe that the "at...
I believe that the "at will" employment law is an advantage for the employer and disadvantage for the employee. Do you agree? Is there a chance that it will some day be eradicated?
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/19/2017
Employment Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 12 months ago
Michael Bradley
For the most part, I do agree with your statement. There are some situations where being an at-will employee is a benefit. For instance, if the employee is in a industry where being at will is advantageous, for example, in an industry where they can get many jobs since they are available and they are highly skilled it gives them an advantage. I do not see this changing in the future with regards ***** ***** at-will law being an advantage to employers