Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

I am the subject of an HR investigation at work. I'm worried

I am the subject of an HR investigation at work. I'm worried I may be fired. What do I do? I have already met with the investigator and one of the things i shared with her was not accurate.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

What is the nature of the investigation? What are you accused or suspected of doing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been accused of discussing politics, naziism, religion, drugs, cursing, disparaging my boss, opining on employees sexuality, threatening employees with job loss come august and more. I admitted to passing mentions of politics based off of tv headlines, calling donald trump trumplestiltskin ( and apologized for it),mentions of my judaism in passing, discussing rolling cigarettes in college, occaisional cursing, 1 conversation in which i called my boss a liar and ahole. I have categorically denied all else. I have also shared a email thread regarding difficulties with an employee that dates back as far as January.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did also share a music video from the tony award winning musical " The Producers" called "Springtime for Hitler".
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The investigation is currently in the fact finding phase.