John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I am an employer for a small business. If an employee signs

I am an employer for a small business. If an employee signs an agreement with the company that clearly states "we do not pay overtime nor do we offer any type of benefits at this time" and works for the company for more than a year, can they still sue the company for unpaid wages?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Yes. Under FLSA the employee cannot waive the right to overtime. The agreement is void in regard to overtime.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok so this means that I will receive more suits in the future, however, I guess my next question is will I be expected to pay ALL monies owed at once or payment arrangements can be made?