Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Well my final paycheck my employer deduct it to my insurance…

Well my final paycheck...

Well my final paycheck my employer deduct it to my insurance premiums because I ask him to hold off because I was buying a car that I would pay backs out then I will need to deduct my check in July but in July I quit and I got caught for stealing credit cards in embezzling money from the company and am I final paycheck they took out two months I still owe three months on my healthcare what should I do

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Employment Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Where do I pay

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just want to know my final paycheck was only 547 but they took out my dental and my premium for my insurance I haven't paid for six months and I just want to know do I have any rights at all

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is my answer ***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/15/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Cannot deduct without consent as they did.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.A lawyer letter may help. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you trying to say it's illegal for California employees players to deduct healthcare
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it illegal for an employer to deduct my healthcare
It is illegal to do so without your authority!
Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I signed an agreement that I would pay for healthcare
You are entitled to change your mind and employer has to follow your direction.
Why are you rating me negatively?
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not change my mind and I did not pay for healthcare for four months because I bought a car and I asked the employer not to charge me until July and then I quit
Understood
If you agreed to pay it and it's owing you need to pay it but company cannot deduct. It has to wait for you to pay or can sue
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I agreed for them to deduct my healthcare my paycheck
If you agreed to the deduction as a way to repay then company acted correctly regardless of hardship
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also I signed an agreement when I signed up for work there any charges anything that I've done for anything I owe to the company
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I signed the handbook and I got caught stealing from the company credit cards
Charges not likely
It's a private civil matter
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But I was really lances California is allowed to deduct healthcare
It is legal if parties agreed.
Good luck. Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is illegal for parties if they agree I don't understand
It is legal if agreed.
It is illegal if not agreed.
Infolawyer, Lawyer