Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am getting suited on breaching of employment contract, no,

Customer Question
hi, i am getting suited...
hi, i am getting suited on breaching of employment contract,
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: no
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i got sued last year, and court sent me the summon, i already responded to the court for the 7 Counts against me from my ex-employer. Right now they sent me the deposition, notice of presence, and interrogatories. The depository have been scheduled by Plaintiff side to July 19th, 2017.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/14/2017
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Is there a specific question with which I can assist?

My ex-employer is in NJ, and I am living in WA, and their attorney scheduled me for deposition on july 19th, 2017. My question is, is it required that I have to go there?, i tried to request them to do video conference instead, since travel there would require time and money.
do I need an attorney to help me with deposition and this case in general?, so far I have been doing and handling this issue by myself.

I'm going to let someone from NJ to help you with this one since it deals with civil procedure and local rules. I will opt out. There is no need to reply another expert will pick up on your question.

Tina, Lawyer