How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118686
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work with owner' I work in houston texas with owners

Customer Question

Hi, I work with owner'
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Hi I work in houston texas with owners brother I am the manager of whse and brother is delivery driver, I am scared and worried about my job, the brother does not like to be told what to do he has cussed me out and slammed door in my face a couple time and he later apologized, but he
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: has been sneaking up and try to scare me, I told him to stop, I reported it to my boss, when he slammed door in my face and when I found alcohol in company vehicle, this morning he snuck up and scared me again, and I told him not to f**kin do that again because one day I am going to accidentally turn around and punch you. He got mad started cussing me out throwing his fists up in the air got less 6 inches from my face and threatening to punch my teeth out. I smelled alcholol on him and I told him that, that was probably why he was so upset.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this has been going on for years and I reported it to my boss, but he has told me that his hands are tied and that he too is hoping that one day he does something to hang himself so we can get rid of him.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he is driving the vehicle while he is intoxicated, you need to call the police when he drives off the lot and have them stop him. You are placing the company at significant risk if he is driving while intoxicated. Furthermore, what he did today is considered assault and you can pursue criminal charges against him.
If the company tries to retaliate against you for filing criminal charges, that would be a retaliatory discharge and grounds to sue the employer. You could just make the anonymous call to the police he is intoxicated driving the truck and then let them deal with it if you do not want to file your own criminal charges for assault. If you do not file assault charges and simply make an anonymous call about him being DUI and if he is arrested, he loses his license and he can no longer drive for the company.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.