Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

Is there any help for harassment and hostile workplace

Customer Question

is there any help for harassment and hostile workplace issues?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: against me, yes. a suspension.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i work at a courthouse
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Is the harassment based on your race, age, gender, sexual or otherwise discriminatory?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have been the target of her disdain for me since she arrived. i have been there for 30 yrs. she has been there about 11 yrs. i have no idea why. i am a judge's clerk. i've always done my job and i do it well. i've never made trouble, but i'm not a lemming.
she found a couple of people to double-team with her on this, one being the personnel director! the suspension is based on a hallway video, that if you were showed it you would ask what you were looking for! i have fought against this caustic environment for years and i'm so very tired of it.

Have you considered having local employment counsel use the above and apparent violation of internal policy to negotiate a settlement using threat of legal action as leverage?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i am. thanks for your time.

Very welcome

That would be the route to pursue in this situation leveraging a possible claim, and having a timeline of events to be able to present a strong case of violation of policy!

Good luck. Kindly rate me 5 stars