Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If I gave a sample and they said it's not room temp and no

Customer Question

If I gave a sample and they said it's not room temp and no odor and they want me to stay and take another sample...what happens if I leave? Can I fight this?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: I have not. I just took the test
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: It's pre employment for full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Uhm no
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

If I gave a sample and they said it's not room temp and no odor and they want me to stay and take another sample...what happens if I leave?

Response 2: You can be reported to your employer for refusing a drug test and you can lose your job as the result.

Can I fight this?

Response 2: Unfortunately, you cannot. You need to comply or face the consequence that you may lose your job over it. The lab suspects that you may have tampered with the specimen that you provided and want you to take another one to ensure that an accurate sample is obtained from you.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,