How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 20400
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was offered a 2 year package by my employer, which I

Customer Question

Hi, I was offered a 2 year package by my employer, which I accepted. I am still paying social security out of my checks. Does the social security I am paying now go toward my accumulated benefits?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sure. It is NJ
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Hmmmm....I am getting paid my full salary plus benefits. Not sure if this answers your question.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I honestly dono I honestly am not sure..
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 months ago.


Thank you for the information and your question. Yes, all income that is subject to Social Security taxes is included in a person's SS record and used to calculate monthly SS pension benefits. This is true even if the individual is already being paid SS old age pension benefits. Once a year the SSA looks to see if there are any SS earnings that would increase the monthly amount distributed to the retiree. If there is, they will raise the monthly benefit.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could let me know that I covered your question and also leave a positive rating of my efforts to explain the law of your issue in the ratings box on this page, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 12th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.