Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

When I was terminated in my job as a college professor, my

Customer Question

When I was terminated in my job as a college professor, my dean said that in grading papers, I did not check for plagiarism in my student's paper. That is patently false.
One of my colleagues told me, "We think you need to stay at home and take care of Bill" (my 77-year-old husband is sound in mind and body and quite able to take care of himself.
A few weeks after the dean informed me of the termination, my chair came by and apologized for the termination and said he greatly regretted the termination and should not have initiated it, adding, "You are the best teacher I ever had."
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 days ago.
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I would like more information.
Gladly.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A claim can be negotiated by counsel with litigation for leverage.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.