Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

May I obtain from US Department of Labor, EBSA, (or other

May I obtain from US Department of Labor, EBSA, (or other entity) the Summary Plan descriptions (SPD) for ERISA covered pensions? If I meet the plans' requirements I will be eligible for some benefits. These are old plans. I know only the name of the companies and years of employment. If so, how do I start this process?

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, DOL/EBSA would not have this because the summaries are specific to the plans. However, you can see the requirements for Summary Plan Descriptions in 29 CFR 2520.102-3.

Goodluck with your research.