Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

May I obtain from US Department of Labor, EBSA, (or other

entity) the Summary Plan descriptions...
May I obtain from US Department of Labor, EBSA, (or other entity) the Summary Plan descriptions (SPD) for ERISA covered pensions? If I meet the plans' requirements I will be eligible for some benefits. These are old plans. I know only the name of the companies and years of employment. If so, how do I start this process?
7/5/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, DOL/EBSA would not have this because the summaries are specific to the plans. However, you can see the requirements for Summary Plan Descriptions in 29 CFR 2520.102-3.

Goodluck with your research.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law