How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19625
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

May I obtain from US Department of Labor, EBSA, (or other

This answer was rated:

May I obtain from US Department of Labor, EBSA, (or other entity) the Summary Plan descriptions (SPD) for ERISA covered pensions? If I meet the plans' requirements I will be eligible for some benefits. These are old plans. I know only the name of the companies and years of employment. If so, how do I start this process?

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, DOL/EBSA would not have this because the summaries are specific to the plans. However, you can see the requirements for Summary Plan Descriptions in 29 CFR 2520.102-3.

Goodluck with your research.

Phillips Esq. and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you