Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I recently filed for unemployment benefits and when asked

how I lost my job...
I recently filed for unemployment benefits and when asked how I lost my job which answered laid off due to slow down in business. My company told me was due to my attendance. I really feel like it was due to a slow down in business and not just my attendance. I was paid 2 weeks of unemployment. I filed this week and was asked did you lose job due to attendance. I answered yes this time as I figured they found out the real reason for my loss of job. What do I do
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Is there a charge for this service ?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Employment Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I just have a few questions.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: state of Nevada Full Time- I am just worried about this. I did not think I was answered incorrectly at the time about how I lost my job.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much is the service total ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/4/2017
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Can you please clarify your question for me?

When will the lawyer be calling me ?

Sorry for the delay. An attorney should be contacting you shortly. Please allow a few more moments and sorry about the delay.

I can type out my issue again.
unless I change to a different card for the phone charge
I want to use a different credit card
Is there someone that can assist me ?

With changing your credit card? Yes, customer service can.

Can I speak with someone now ?
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Different expert here.
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Do you understand my situation ? The bot***** *****ne I answered incorrectly on how I lost my job. I am worried that I may not be eligible for unemployment benefits. They paid for 2 weeks and have an interview scheduled 7/11/2017.
I felt the real reason was due to slow down in business so that what I put. Does unemployment call your previous employer ?
When I tried to file a claim today the system asked if I lost my job due to attendance and answered Yes explaining the situation and providing all the details to best of my knowledge.
Mistakes happen and if you explain the error and show it was a good faith one will not effect benefit eligibility otherwise.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
I have an interview with unemployment on 7/11/2017. What should I tell them ?
Does unemployment call your previous employer to find out why lost job ?
They will reach out and seek information from both sides. Company cannot simply make conclusory claims. It has to prove it!
You want to explain what happened which noting good performance and never let go for cause or performance.
I appreciate the information. Have a good day!
Very welcome. Good luck and happy 4th
Kindly rate me five stars.
Much appreciated. If you don't see the rating button can reply back "5 stars"
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Infolawyer, Lawyer