Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have received 2 right to sue letters from the EEOC Re:

Customer Question
Discrimination under ADA and Reatliation...
I have received 2 right to sue letters from the EEOC Re: Discrimination under ADA and Reatliation. I have a 3rd comming in soon Re: Retaliation forcing me to resign, ie constructive dissmissal. Should I go to courthouse and file suit on the 1st 2 or wait until I recieve the 3rd and do all 3 at once
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Employment Law
7/2/2017
Employment Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

If any of the right to sue claims are based upon the same transactions or occurrences, then you must sue on those claims in the same lawsuit, or you will be barred from suing on any subsequent claim based upon the same transactions or occurrences upon which you previously sued.

It is permissible to file one lawsuit for three different incidents, or three separate lawsuits for three separate incidents. But, it's far simpler and more efficient to sue in a single action.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!