Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My question is dealing with unemployment benefits. First…

My question is dealing with...
My question is dealing with unemployment benefits. First I've worked over 20yrs never collect unemployment. I was laid off in 05/016,
I collected unemployment form 12/16-05/17.I live in Pennsylvania now their saying I am not edge able too collect? I've appareled my case just waiting on reply.Wondering why and how some people gets 52 weeks. Who haven't worked long as me?And what happen too all the taxes I paid into unemployment the pass 20 some yearsAlso when I was laid off I did receive a lump sum severance pay. And was unable too collect for 5 months due too that
Charles
7/1/2017
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. Please don't confuse excellent service with a satisfactory outcome based on your wants and desires. I can only explain the law to you---not guarantee that you will be happy with the outcome---any more than a cancer surgeon can guarantee a cure.

The reason why people collected 52 weeks of unemployment in the past years was because the federal government paid for the extensions that were allowed by the state during the recession period. Several years ago all federal extension money was cut off and today, no state has unemployment benefits that exceed 26 weeks.

Your appeal will unfortunately be denied because you have fully exhausted all of the benefits available to you.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance. Please do not "shoot the messenger". I can only give you the law, and I have no control over whether it gives you the result you want.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney
Thank you so much for time and answer
Charles

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, and for your generous bonus. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

Doug