Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

For how can I collect unemployment benefits? california, i

Customer Question
hello for how long can...
hello for how long can I collect unemployment benefits?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i have filed on May 15 when my contract ended
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have just been paid today for the last 5 weeks
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Employment Law
6/20/2017
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 5 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under CA law, the CA EDD determines your weekly benefit amount by dividing your earnings for the highest paid quarter of the base period by 26 (the period in which you were fired), up to a maximum of $450 per week and you can collect those benefits for up to 26 weeks.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney