Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My supervisor has singled me out for harsh treatment and

Customer Question

My supervisor has singled me out for harsh treatment and more work since I have asked HR to intervene. I am 62 and work for a non profti
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: VA....we are at will state. The supervisor blamed me for a problem she was repsonsible for and when I asked HR to intervene she doubled my workload and tried to catch me up on something almost daily.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: 'at will' full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
Before we begin a bit more detail would be helpful please.1. Do you have a written employment agreement for a fixed term requiring cause for termination, discipline or demotion?2. Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to your race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?