Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My husband is in the hospital. The attending doctor for

Customer Question

My husband is in the hospital. The attending doctor for surgical told him no fluids because his colon has to rest for at least several more days or he may lose it completely. He is in medical ICU and they don't call surgical doctor and they keep bringing him ginger ale and water. He is only to have sips with medicine. They would allow him 30cc ginger ale every 2 hours and ice chips otherwise. But they are leaving big glasses of water and ginger ale at his bedside. He was supposed to start TPN last nite and they sent it to the wrong floor and he never received it, now they are worried that he isn't getting any nutrition. They are not following the surgeons orders and will not call him for me. What can I do
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Two surgeons told me that the colon problem stems from distension of the colon that was left too long when he was in another hospital
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.
Have you spoken with hospital admin and supervisor physician?