Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Is it a crime to enter a forged document in to a New York

is it a crime to enter a forged document in to a New York state equal employment opportunity commissions investigation of discrimination? if so what law says its a crime?

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Everything entered into such proceedings is generally entered under penalty of perjury, meaning it would be the crime of perjury to enter a forged document. Forgery is also a crime in and of itself, as you can see here.

I hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you. Also is it a crime to cover it up or to hide it in some way? ok lets say i told them they were forgeries and they didn't care and did not report it and in a big way it hurt my job. What law says that if it is a crime that it is?

I'm not sure I understand the situation you are describing. Can you clarify?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I told my employer and my union and the hearing officer they were forgeries and they didn't look in to it or do anything about it and still used them in a case that hurt my standing at my work place. So is it a crime to cover up and not report the crime and if so what crime is it according to law. What law is it so I can look it up.

If the documents were provably forged, it would arguably be a crime to cover this up or hide it. The crime would likely be charged as conspiracy to commit perjury, or simply perjury itself.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
perjury? No one was sworn in. it was a hearing at work. so what crime is that. As I have asked you can you please give me the law or court case that says these things are crimes?

You originally asked if it was a crime to enter forged docs into "New York state equal employment opportunity commissions investigation." I assume that meant in the context of an official proceeding, such as a hearing of some kind that was put on by the EEOC. In that instance, anything admitted into evidence would typically be admitted under penalty or perjury. But if we are simply talking about an internal company complaint, the rules against perjury don't apply. Since there would be no underlying perjury there could of course be no conspiracy to commit that perjury.