How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56503
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do you know of any attorneys in Brookfield, WI or Waukesha

Customer Question

Do you know of any attorneys in Brookfield, WI or Waukesha WI who handle Civil Rights cases but don't charge enormous fees? Or would I qualify for assitance as I read on a website regarding Civil Rights Cases filed in WI District Court that there are attorneys who can be assigned to you if you are "indigent". That is the term they used. What is considered indigent in the State of WI? I am a federal employee, have a household of 2, just me and spouse, and I earn 57,300 per year alone. I am the only wage earner. Is that too much to qualify?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
Such case can be taken on contingency fee basis.Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please. Can it be taken on a contigency basis even if it is a District Court lawsuit against my employer, a federal government entity?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
Very often! and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Good luck. Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My case is one of employment. It is a civil rights case. The answer didn't really address the original question that an attorney is working on. I was just asking a follow up question as I am already in the EEO process but am considering filing a suit against my employer in Federal District Court in WI. I am a federal employee. I just needed to know if there may be attorneys who would take my case at rates I can afford, or if I could qualify for some type of financial assistance if I were to file in District Court due to the fact that the EEO Judge has not listened or allowed my original complaints into the hearing that is supposed to be coming up. I am considering filing a suit and dropping the EEO instead. I was looking for attorneys who don't charge enormous fees.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.
The The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.That agency needs to provide a right to sue letter.Counsel will often handle such cases on contingency fee basis so you have no upfront costs or downside!If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.