John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

My question is if your an hourly employee with 2 weeks

Customer Question

Hi my question is if your an hourly employee with 2 weeks vacation is the company allowed to take a week away
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Illinios
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no i was just wondering
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time thank you
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Illinois employers may have within their policy that if you do not use vacation while you are employed, then you lose it. For example, they could have it to where you if you do not use it by the end of the year, then it expires. It cannot however be lost on accont of termination of employment.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My question was can they take away 1 week due to as they call it economic set back