Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was terminated and treated unfairly on my job while

Customer Question

I was terminated and treated unfairly on my job while working for an elected official. He never insist that I be trained on my job but stated that I should just let him do what he does and not to be concerned about the narcissistic person that was responsible for my training. This person worked directly under him and continued giving me duties and job requests that conflicted with the requests of my supervisor, so I asked if I could talk with them together to get clarification of my duties and their expectations of me. At that time they both agreed that I was doing a great job and that I was still their choice for the position but admitted that I had not gotten the training that I should have on the job but the reason for that was because of me being a union employee still in my probation period so I could not receive the training unless my job title was changed. I'd also previously shared a gold star program that I personally developed with this elected official of which he was very impressed with. He stated that he had shared it with the distrct superintendent but then I was terminated two weeks later after our meeting without reason or response regarding my program. Is this legal? My union rep had no relief for me because of my probation timeline.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan an " At will State".
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Im not sure
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I'll be here to help today! Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Accept

Ok, great! If that is the case, please click accept when prompted by our system.