John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I am a female that was hired from a competitor almost two

Customer Question

I am a white female that was hired from a competitor almost two years ago. I brought in over 3/4 of a million in sales for the company which was not prepared for the amount of business coming in. Since the growth in business they have neglected to get my deliveries out in a timely fashion and have cost the company almost all of the business brought in. They are now trying to phase me out of the company due to lack of sales in my area. Is there anything I can do or have any recourse to hold on to my job.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Panama City , Fl
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: They hired me full time at a salary of 50k. They are threatening to take me to 15k and commission. Can they do this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have customers that have told me the loss of business is not due to me it is due to deliveries and lack of communication on the managers part. I am doing my job but they are not fulfilling the inventory end and the operations end. If I need documentation from these customers I could probably get it .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

Do you have the commission agreement with them? On what basis are they threatening to take away your commission?
Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for "just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think they have an ulterior motive in trying to get you out?