Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Workers' Compensation Question Can the Release of medical…

Customer Question
Workers' Compensation Question Can the Release...
Workers' Compensation Question
Can the Release of medical information form signed upon onset of injury be used 2 1/2 years later be used with my own physician not their wc physician to obtain my information? *Note: Medical expenses for medically necessary surgery and physical therapy have not been paid by wc but I am receiving bi-weekly compensation
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
6/13/2017
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 1 year ago
John, Employment Lawyer

Yes but you can always revoke your consent to release of medical records. But all this would cause is for the workers compensation insurer to subpoena current provider rather than get them voluntarily. Thus, I'm not sure it's really worth your time to revoke the release.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.