Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was denied unemployment benefits due to lack of good

cause. I quit because I...
I was denied unemployment benefits due to lack of good cause. I quit because I was suspended for leaving an unemployment hearing for a former team member. I was only supposed to be a witness if the referee had questions in regards ***** ***** because that was not my specialty. I called my boss and advised her I did not feel comfortable representing the company by myself as no one else had shown up.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nevada
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: At will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. We had 3 employees that handle terminations and they were not required to attend the hearing and I'm only a Benefit Specialist.
6/8/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
Hello and thank your for replying. I would like to know the options you have.
I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You can appeal and present it not as resignation but being constructively terminated and forced out.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Consider also a separate action against employer! You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Thank you. Can you please clarify how I would go about arguing a constructive termination and force out?

Hostile environment, harassment, violation of policy, pushed out by management conduct,

Kindly rate me five stars.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Thank you.
Infolawyer, Lawyer