John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I want to know if I have a case, my supervisor called me a

Customer Question

Hello, I want to know if I have a case, my supervisor called me a "clown" at our meeting with all my other supervisors there, and they all laughed? Do I have some type of case?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, I filled out a report and it was taken to the Human Resources Director, then she, I and my other supervisor had a meeting regarding this, and they told me that we will just forget about this, like nothing happened.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question. Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for "just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think the manager who said that about you had an ulterior motive in sayin that to you, perhaps your age, race, gender, disability or religious beliefs?