How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41607
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What action can I take when I find out that a former front

Customer Question

What action can I take when I find out that a former front office staff member had stolen our Pt database and are now calling those pts to come and get dental services done at her new office? This employee had left my office since august of last year. Can I sue her? Based on what?
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

Well it is a HIPAA violation report her here.

If you had a signed confidentiality agreement or noncompete you can sue here.You would send a cease and desist letter.

Expert:  Ray replied 3 months ago.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.