Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

A man on my job told others at work he and I had sex after

Customer Question
work. This was about three...
A man on my job told others at work he and I had sex after work. This was about three years ago. Soon after that, I was sexually harassed by a male co-worker. A teacher on my job also gathered other teachers and went to the board of educations complaining about me. They also wrote letters about me. I spoke to a superintendent, and he placed me in a different program. I'm a teacher. I've been in this new program for 2.5 years. Two teachers there have done the same to me. One wrote letters complaining about me each week. They told untruths and distortions. I'm never given information that could expose me to new opportunities. The manager only shares general information with me. althincluded
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: she tells the other teachers things and takes them to meetings with her. I believe to network. I'm the only one in the program with administrative leadership credentials from an accredited university. Yet, I'm kept out of things. I also over heard one teacher say, "They said if I tell them things about her they'd help me." I know she is in a supervisory program via DCPS. The other teacher, who does not have my credentials or experience in leadership, is supposedly being given some type of promotion dealing with leadership. I've been there and yet I'm over looked. Over the years, I have overheard them make negative comments about myself. One called me a slut under her breath; the other threatened me on my job. She said, "Wait and see what we do to you next!" I reported all this to HR. We had a sit down, but I don't think it really changed anything. I work in DC and live in MD.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I work for DCPS. I wrote to the WTU and LMR.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They keep holding me back from career opportunities due to this rumor. When I go to some profession developments, I sometimes hear someone say something such as, "She's the one who ..."
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/16/2017
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Are you asking what action you can take against him or the company?
Tina, Lawyer