How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12930
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

No my husband works for a construction company and he gets

Customer Question

JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: no my husband works for a construction company and he gets paid weekly on Fridays, however he did not get paid on Friday, they stated he would get paid this week. He got his checks yesterday and went to the bank today and they are not good
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Are you asking what his legal options are? Also, what state are you in? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you. And can you clarify what you are asking? Are you asking what his legal options are?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
he was supposed to get paid Friday, that was delayed and he received his checks yesterday late in the day and went to the bank about 30 minutes ago and they did not cash them because the account is NSF.
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.

An individual in this circumstance needs to immediately file a wage claim with the Texas Workforce Commission. Sooner is much better than later because it sounds like his employer is having financial difficulty. A wage claim can be started using the form here. Filing a wage claim is a form of "protected activity," which means that your husband cannot be retaliated against in any manner by his employer for filing a claim. The TWC will investigate and issue an award against your husband's employer which can be converted into a judgment and collected as one.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is there anything immediate I can do?
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Immediately file a wage claim. That is your husband's recourse in this circumstance and is absolutely what you should do right away.