How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19329
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help with receiving a notification from my employee

Customer Question

I need help with receiving a notification from my employee payroll service an earnings withholding order from GCF?? garnishment order for $21,572.68. I dont know what its for but im assuming its from my divorce credit card debt. I am so upset. what can I do? its says that they will start garnishing june 9th? it does not say how much? will they take all of my funds? how can I stop this?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: dana point california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It says it was filed in 2012. I don't know anything about it.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It says judgement was in 2012 for that amount? I was never served and never received awarement of a trial for this
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to contact the number on your notice to inquire what the garnishment is about. Then, you can contact the Court where the garnishment Order was issued and file Motion to Vacate it because you did not receive a notice of the filing. You can obtain blank Motion form at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,