Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Can an employer alter your time in order to not pay for

Customer Question
hours worked. JA: Because employment law...
Can an employer alter your time in order to not pay for hours worked.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: union, full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I detected the discrepancy and they agreed to pay me however, they say that it is my responsibility to monitor my hours and inform them of any discrepancy. Sounds like they will pay me if I catch them.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Ready
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/15/2017
Employment Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

An employer needs to pay the hours actually worked by the employee or they can be fined by the DOL:
https://webapps.dol.gov/wow/

If the discrepancy is due to the employee submitting incorrect hours or failing to clock in the employer must remedy that when it comes to their attention;

if the employer consistently underpays, that would be a bad faith labor law violation.

complaints can be filed here:

https://www.dol.gov/whd/contact_us.htm

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer