John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I got suspended from my job today and I found out that my

Customer Question

I got suspended from my job today and I found out that my boss is telling everyone that I am suspeded and why is there a law against that?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Mass
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet they are looking into it but I already know I am fired
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

There is no law prohibiting an employer from telling other employees why someone was suspended. It could be the case, however, that if the employer is singling you out for some reason… For an illegal reason such as your age race gender religious beliefs, this would be illegal in the sense for the employer to single you out that way. But there's no prohibition against just telling other people why you were suspended.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
He did lie and make it worse then what happened
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

If you can prove the lies equate to libel/slander - that is to say they were said while knowing they were intentionally untrue to harm yourself and your finances. That's the only way you could make a case out of this. I'm not clear how telling other employees untruths harms you financially. I believe this answers your questions. Thanks

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.