Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Can my wife be terminated from her job over a negative

Customer Question
comment i posted about her...
Can my wife be terminated from her job over a negative comment i posted about her manager that she knew nothing about?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oklahoma. She is employed by a casino on an indian reservation. It is the Potowatomie Indian Nation.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. The matter has gone to their HR dept it appears
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades. Please don't confuse excellent service with a satisfactory outcome based on your wants and desires. I can only explain the law to you---not guarantee that you will be happy with the outcome---any more than a cancer surgeon can guarantee a cure.

Unless your wife has an employment contract which guarantees her a position with her employer for a set period of time, she is deemed an employee at will----and then yes, she can be terminate for any reason so long as it is not an illegal reason. An illegal reason would be a termination based on her race, color, gender, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status or other personal characteristic protected by law.

But she can be terminated based on her behavior or that of her friends or family.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug

Employment Lawyer: lance-cssm,
 replied 6 months ago
lance-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
LawTalk, Attorney