Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

How are you doing my question is I had co-signed for an

Customer Question
Hello how are you doing...
Hello how are you doing my question is I had co-signed for an ex-boyfriend 2 years ago to get billed out for a couple months the papers say that once he goes back in he do not have to pay however I have every seat he paid when he was out so he's out now they coming out there me they said they spoke to him but they're going to see my checks my check has been garnished for about two paychecks now and they said that he told 3,000 and they taking it from me can they do that what can I do。
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I'm ready thank you
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: I went to HR they can't do nothing about it and my job I'll have the paper still that I had for my ex and the documents that they sent me for my garnish that's the only thing that I have
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's the only thing I wanted to know can they garnish my checks they have not took me to court or anything have not gave me where they had gave me a chance they been calling me but when I looked it up online it said they cannot garnish and I they have the number to my ex-boyfriend and to his mother he's out of jail and they still come after me
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/11/2017
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, add proper punctuation marks, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Okay I'm sorry you say you didn't understand me. my ex-boyfriend I Co sign papers for him to be bailed out for a couple months the paper stated that once he goes in he is not responsibility to pay because he's in jail I have every receipt that he paid when he was out and I guess they say he has balance own when he went in so they coming after me for 2800 they are garnishing my checks what I want to know is can they do that I have not been to court at all he is out of jail and they're not going after him I want to know how can I stop it and get my money back

Thank you for the information.

What I still do not understand is what are the "they" that are going after you?

Kindly clarify.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Tina, Lawyer